Sunday 9 May 2010

Dirty, filthy twitching and the Black Sea


Since the last time I posted anything I was banished to the Black Sea to save some dolphins! It all started with some filthy patch twitching on the 26th of April when I nipped into Breydon after work to get a a distant view of a feeding Spoonbill (113). The next morning I was sent to the Black Sea as 'punishment'. I could go into detail about the Black Sea but all I done for 12 days was sit on deck looking for dolphins, which there were lots. Although I had missed the main migration there were still a few birds about and I think I will let these pictures tell the story!
Along with these there was a Levant's Sprawk, Saker, Montagu's harrier, Quail, Collard Fly and a few other more common bits and bobs. There were several gulls about and I am still sorting through some of the pic's, Armenian, Caspian, YL??? So stay posted for some boring gull photos later. The Caspian gull above won the fight with the Sprawk, laying claim to the front deck for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment