Wednesday 27 April 2011

Eagles, Kites & Sardinians................

.............are just a few of the things I missed on patch while offshore. So when I finally hit my patch on the weekend 16th/17th April I was full of hope. First thing I noticed was spring was in full flow and I racked up many a tick quickly, Whitethroats, Blackcaps, Chiffchaffs, Swallows, Sand Martins, Yellow Wagtail and Wheatears everywhere, with a male Ring Ouzel the highlight, kicked out the ditch on the south side of Corton sewage works. A fly by Sandwich Tern and female Marsh Harrier on the 17th left me on 98pts. However, it was off patch that things took off. Along Jew Lane, Bradwell I was photographing butterflies when I heard a loud tacking. After a bit of searching (and the help of a dog walker) three Ring Ouzels flushed out of the bushes, 2 males and a female. In the field next to the lane two Yellow Wagtails flitted around and a Wheatear busily fed while two Buzzards soared overhead (a scarce bird here)
Comma, Bradwell
Blackcap, Bradwell


Ring Ouzel, Bradwell

No comments:

Post a Comment