Sunday 23 January 2011

Changing Boundaries

Aberlady local patch: take 2
Yellowcraig Local Patch
Dave has finally submitted his patch and in his words it is a nice mix of habitat. Meanwhile, over confidence is in evidence a wee bit further along the Lothian coast as Aberlady has decided to change his boundaries to 'give us a chance'!!!

An unexpected long weekend meant I managed to get on patch on Friday. On the way there I found my first thrush flock of the winter in the area, 2 Fieldfares (ok, not exactly a flock!). Hopton was very quiet but as I left it a flock of geese flew low over my head. 26 White-fronted Geese circled briefly before heading west, presumably heading to the Yare valley. While watching these a Song Thrush appeared in the hedge next too me. The rest of the day was a bit of a wash out as I got soaked to the skin but there was a wee bit of movement out at sea, 2 Red-throated Divers and a Cormorant flew south and 24 Wigeon flew north. With these 3 additions my list is now at 46 (51 points).

No comments:

Post a Comment