Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year, Wrong Patch!

2011 started the same way as 2010 ended as I found myself over 500 miles from my local patch. The 1st saw me walking around my dads local patch and we struggled to 40 species. Blackbird was the first bird of the year and my parents garden soon produced a few birds including 7 Whooper Swans feeding in the field next to their house. A walk along the river Urie was productive, Goosander, Cormorant, Mallard, Dipper (x3), Woodcock and my first ever Goldeneye for the patch. Other usual suspects for the area were soon added including Long-tailed Tit, Peregrine, Yellowhammer, Siskin, Tree Sparrow and Jay. The walk ended with two good records in Whiteford, 2 male and female Bullfinch and a male Brambling.
Whooper Swan and a local rarity, Goldeneye.

No comments:

Post a Comment